CuVerro® C69300 – Antimicrobial Brass
Copper is a well-known material and has been used for centuries. CuVerro’s efficacy as an antimicrobial brass is proven far more effective than stainless steel or silver-containing coatings, it has been proven to continuously kill the bacteria* that cause infections, and is the only solid antimicrobial touch surface approved by the EPA. Antimicrobial Copper alloys are extremely versatile and can be manufactured using a variety of conventional metal manufacturing processes, such as drawn, machined, cast, joined and bent.
MACHINABLE BACTERICIDAL COPPER ROD AVAILABLE FROM CHASE BRASS
- Meets Requirement of Lead-Free* Plumbing Legislation
- NSF 61 & 14 Compliant
- Dezincification and Stress Corrosion Resistant
- Strength Equal to Stainless Steel
- Excellent Machinability
- EPA-Registered CuVerro Antimicrobial Alloy*
- Continuously kills 99.9% of bacteria* left behind by dirty hands within 2 hours
- Available in rod, shape, and as a near-net engineered forged product
|C69300||Machining-Forging||73.0-77.0||2.7-3.4||0.04-0.15||0.09 max||21||B124 / B371|
CuVerro® C69300 Meets the U.S. EPA Standards for Antimicrobial Properties
CuVerro® C69300 provides a powerful antimicrobial touch surface with proven performance backed by rigorous Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved testing. It is a great alternative to leaded-brass fittings and its combined antimicrobial and corrosion resistance properties make it an excellent solution for hard surfaces, water supply fittings, and plumbing applications.
CuVerro® C69300 is inherently antimicrobial. Lab testing shows that antimicrobial copper alloys such as CuVerro® C69300 are the only solid metal touch surfaces registered by the U.S. EPA to continuously kill greater than 99.9% of the following bacteria within two hours of exposure: MRSA, VRE, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and E. coli O157:H7.1
CuVerro® C69300’s efficacy as an antimicrobial is proven far more effective than stainless steel. It has continuous and ongoing antimicrobial action, even after repeated wet and dry abrasion and re-contamination. Additionally, natural tarnishing of CuVerro® C69300 does not impair its efficacy.2
Not only does CuVerro® C69300 meet the U.S. EPA standards for antimicrobial properties, it is also lead-free and compliant with the Federal Drinking Water Act. Further, CuVerro® C69300 is arsenic and bismuth free. It is commonly used in PEX fittings, stop valves, ball valves, and both commercial and residential water faucets parts, and water supply fittings and fixtures. It is also used in electric and electronic equipment parts and automotive parts.
It should be noted that antimicrobial copper surfaces and products are a supplement to, not a substitute for, standard infection control practices and have been shown to reduce microbial contamination, but do not necessarily prevent cross contamination or infections. Users must continue to follow all current infection control and hygiene practices, including those related to the cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces.3
As a fabricator / manufacturer of C69300, Chase Brass is registered with the U.S. EPA at the federal and state level. We must also comply with ongoing adherence to strict usage rules and marketing guidelines.
Chase Brass is a brass forgings supplier and distributor, high strength brass manufacturer, brass rod fittings manufacturer, brass alloy supplier, brass rod manufacturer, brass parts supplier, brass machining supplier, bar manufacturer, castings manufacturer, and barstock distributor.
* Laboratory testing shows that, when cleaned regularly, CuVerro surfaces kill greater than 99.9% of the following bacteria within 2 hours of exposure: Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus aureus, Entrerobacter aerogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and E. coli O157:H7. The use of CuVerro® antimicrobial copper products is a supplement to and not a substitute for standard infection control practices; users must continue to follow all current infection control practices, including those practices related to cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces. This surface has been shown to reduce microbial contamination, but it does not necessarily prevent cross contamination. It should not be interpreted that CuVerro® is making claims to solely prevent hospital associated infections nor should it be implied that CuVerro® products make such claims. CuVerro® is a registered trademark of GBC Metals, LLC and is used with permission. (C-0004-1303)
*This product complies with 0.25% weighted average lead content on wetted surfaces in accordance with Safe Water Drinking Act (SDWA) / Federal Public Law No. 111-380.
- CuVerro Military Application
- CuVerro Brochure
- New Larco CopperShield Push Plate Fights Bacteria
- Antimicrobial Copper Destroys Super Bugs
- Antimicrobial Black Iron Strength dumbbells made with CuVerro bactericidal copper